Here's my daily look at the best and the worst from yesterday
1. Derek Holland (Tex SP): 9.0 innings, 5 Hits, 8 K's, 0 ER. Twirled his second shutout in a row, albeit they have been against the two weakest offenses in the AL (OAK, SEA). Definitely a stream-worthy option against his division and weaker offenses.
2. Carlos Santana (Cle C): 2-5 HR, 3RBI. Are we finally seeing a turnaround after a largely dissapointing first half. I don't know, but this is a good start.
3. The Blue Jays: Pounded out 16 Runs, 20 Hits, and the child molesterer (Snider) even threw in a SB. This is a lineup to be feared, but it may take a hit with Bautista out for a few days.
1. Bartolo Colon (NYY SP): 2/3 innings, 7 Runs, 3 ER. Looks like he came back too quickly from his hamstring injury, I guess it's time to break out the fat cells again!
2. Carlos Marmol (Chi RP): 0 innings, 5 ER, 4 BB. That will really ruin your ERA especially in a short week like this. At least he has decent job security.
3. Ichiro Susuki (Sea OF): 0-4 dropped his AVG down to .267. He also has a .205 AVG in 44 July at-bats, so there is no turn around in site. You drafted him for consistency, and that's what you got. Consistently awful.